Closing Date: June 17 2022
Regulatory Policy Analyst
Financial Services / Investment Management/ Banking
Flexible Working / London
A Prominent Global Consultancy Group, with headquarters in Central London, is seeking a Policy Analyst with Banking sector experience and prudential capital expertise to join their Strategy and Business Transformation Team. The Policy Analyst can work remotely or from the Central London office. This is a permanent position.
This role is ideally suited to an Economics or Finance graduate who has 2 years+ financial services industry experience.
The Business Transformation and Strategy team designs, strategies and implements programmes that improve banking businesses’ operations, cost efficiencies and capital, optimising efficiencies across the business corporate departments.
The Policy Analyst will work on projects where no to days are the same. As part of a high calibre team, you will also be involved in coordinating and managing projects, as well as undertake technical risk analysis.
The Organisation and Team
A highly respected and truly International Consultancy Group with an impressive client base of national and international entities. Strong calibre of professional, driven and skilled individuals, the department comprises experienced financial regulatory experts, risk analysts, project managers, business/tax/financial analysts, change management and corporate finance professionals, auditors, regulatory and compliance advisors, who are all skilled, commercially minded, down-to-Earth, and agile.
Reporting into the department Director, the successful Policy Analyst will be part of a small team, advising and acting for a wide range of Financial Services entities, such as Investment Management, Wealth, Investment Banking and Retail Banking.
You will advise clients on policy, specifically in relation to business restructuring, business transformation, change management, legal entity rationalisation and reorganisation. The position includes a combination of policy analysis (in large part), technical advisory and project management in relation to business finance, legal and tax. Ideally, you will have a background in consulting and are able to help set up projects.
- Strong technical experience of prudential regulation, capital requirements and resolution
- Understanding of the regulatory capital and liquidity assessment processes (e.g., ICAAP / ICARA, wind-down plan, stress testing, Pillar 3)
- Close partnership with business functions to identify, monitor, and govern emerging financial risks, including maintenance of key policies, procedures, and controls
- Experience of Booking model assessments (including enhancing governance and MI)
- Understanding of The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform, the Capital Requirements Directive/ Regulations, Basel III, The Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive)
- Brexit analysis
- C-Level Stakeholder management
- Prior experience within the Finance sector, such as Investment Management, Wealth, Investment Banking, Retail Banking or Insurance
- A strong understanding of working in a consulting environment, which involves finance/legal/ tax business analysis and reporting
- Interest in Corporate Restructuring
- Keen eye for stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- Ideally have experience working within a regulated environment
- You will be an agile (think on your feet and flexible around client priorities), hands-on professional with a strong sense of initiative, pro-activity and investigative mind-set
This is a superb opportunity to join a highly skilled, innovative, entrepreneurial, forward-thinking team. The role offers the successful Policy Analyst quality work for future career progression, as well as a mature flexible working environment. Highly competitive annual remuneration, attractive flexible benefits, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays etc.
In this role, the successful candidate will receive top-tier training in the areas of strategic business management and development. The position offers the successful applicant a challenging and varied workload and the opportunity to influence an already successful and growing global entity.
Finally, the organisation has a fantastic reputation as a friendly business that encourages a healthy work-life balance.