Closing Date: July 29 2022
Regulatory Banking Associate
Banking/ Investment Banking / Fund management
Flexible Working / London
A Major Global Consultancy Group, with headquarters in Central London, is seeking a junior Regulatory Banking Associate to join their growing team within the Banking Risk Advisory department. This is a fantastic opportunity for a finance postgraduate with a strong interest and some experience of working in a bank or consulting environment. Technical understanding of the UK Banking Sector, Financial Regulations, Corporate Finance and an interest in consulting is useful.
The Organisation and Team
A highly respected International Consultancy Group with an impressive client base of national and international entities. Strong calibre of professional, driven, and skilled individuals, the department comprises experienced economists, project managers, business/tax/financial analysts, corporate finance professionals, auditors, regulatory and compliance advisors and lawyers, who are all skilled, commercially minded, down-to-Earth, and agile.
Reporting into the department Director, the Regulatory Banking Associate will be part of a small team, advising and acting for a wide range of banks, investment management firms and funds. You will apply financial theory and quantitative techniques to real world problems, helping corporates understand the financial regulatory markets and improve their business strategy. The team’s activities cover a range of practices that include financial economics, applied microeconomics, business model analysis, governance and risk analytics, tax & M&A restructuring.
The Regulatory Banking Associate will advise clients on financial market insights, empirical evidence, data analytics and business strategy, specifically in relation to business restructuring, business transformation and reorganisation. You will be working face-to-face with clients: all members of the team are client facing.
The position includes a combination of project management and technical advisory. Ideally, you will have some prior experience within a consulting environment.
- Technical understanding of prudential regulation, capital requirements and resolution
- Understanding of the regulatory capital and liquidity assessment processes (e.g., ICAAP / ICARA, wind-down plan, stress testing, Pillar 3)
- Close partnership with business functions to identify, monitor, and govern emerging financial risks, including maintenance of key policies, procedures, and controls
- Experience of Booking model assessments (including enhancing governance and MI)
- Understanding of The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform, the Capital Requirements Directive/ Regulations, Basel III, The Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive)
- Brexit analysis
- C-Level Stakeholder management
- Prior experience within the Finance sector, such as Investment Management, Wealth, Investment Banking, Retail Banking or Insurance
- A strong understanding of working in a consulting environment, which involves finance/legal/ tax business analysis and reporting
- Interest in Corporate Restructuring
- Keen eye for stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- Ideally have experience working within a regulated environment
- You will be an agile (think on your feet and flexible around client priorities), hands-on professional with a strong sense of initiative, pro-activity and investigative mind-set
This is a superb opportunity to join a highly skilled, innovative, entrepreneurial, forward-thinking team. The role offers the successful Regulatory Analyst quality work for future career progression, as well as a mature flexible working environment. Highly competitive annual remuneration, attractive flexible benefits, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays etc.
In this role, the successful candidate will receive top-tier training in the areas of strategic business management, project management and development. The position offers the successful applicant a challenging and varied workload and the opportunity to influence an already successful and growing global entity.
Finally, the organisation has a fantastic reputation as a friendly business that encourages a healthy work-life balance.