Closing Date: June 10 2022
Commercial Legal Counsel
Flexible homeworking, as well as multiple UK sites
A Renowned FTSE 100 Group, focused on manufacturing, engineering and construction. The company operates across the UK, with offices in London, the South West, Midlands and Manchester. Split into three main subsidiaries, each subsidiary has its own legal function, which in turn reports into the Group Legal Team in Central London. With year on year business growth, the company prides itself on its constant innovation and UK presence.
Advising the business on a national level, the successful legal counsel will report to the General Counsel and be responsible for dealing with a variety of commercial matters, including;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial transactions, framework agreements, sale/purchase agreements for both goods and services, distributor/agency agreements, joint development agreements and contractor terms
- Liaising with suppliers across the different business units, negotiate, draft and agree new contracts and renewals
- Approving new vendors and releasing of purchase orders
- Point of escalation on insurance, liability, IPR and operational risks.
- Advising on general commercial matters, including competition, IP, & tax.
- Provide advice to the Businesses in respect of ethics and compliance matters
- Dealing with some property leases
A passionate and enthusiastic mid-senior level commercially minded lawyer who can offer value to the business by excelling in the area of stakeholder management. Prior experience in Manufacturing, Construction or Engineering sectors would be beneficial, however all candidates with relevant commercial contracts experience are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity for a mid-senior level solicitor with previous in-house experience to enhance their career by facilitating the growth of a FTSE 100 entity. The successful candidate will join a close-knit team with a culture of high standards and technical expertise, providing legal advice to teams covering a broad range of specialities and functions.
Excellent remuneration and benefits