Closing Date: July 29 2022
Financial Regulatory Analyst
Banking/ Investment Banking / Fund management
Flexible Working / London
A Major Global Consultancy Group, with headquarters in Central London, is seeking a junior Financial Regulatory Analyst to join their growing team within the Banking Risk Advisory department. This is a fantastic opportunity for a finance postgraduate with a strong interest and some experience of working in a bank or consulting environment Technical understanding of the UK Banking Sector, Financial Regulations, Corporate Finance and an interest in consulting is useful.
The Organisation and Team
A highly respected International Consultancy Group with an impressive client base of national and international entities. Strong calibre of professional, driven, and skilled individuals, the department comprises experienced economists, project managers, business/tax/financial analysts, corporate finance professionals, auditors, regulatory and compliance advisors and lawyers, who are all skilled, commercially minded, down-to-Earth, and agile.
Reporting into the department Director, the Financial Regulatory Analyst/Consultant will be part of a small team, advising and acting for a wide range of banks, investment management firms and funds. You will apply financial theory and quantitative techniques to real world problems, helping corporates understand the financial regulatory markets and improve their business strategy. The team’s activities cover a range of practices that include financial economics, applied microeconomics, business model analysis, governance and risk analytics, tax & M&A restructuring.
The Financial Regulatory Analyst will advise clients on financial market insights, empirical evidence, data analytics and business strategy, specifically in relation to business restructuring, business transformation, change management and reorganisation. You will be working face-to-face with clients: all members of the team are client facing.
The position includes a combination of project management and technical advisory. Ideally, you will have some prior experience within a consulting environment.
- Understanding and interpreting data gained from models and other research sources
- Analysing data to test the effectiveness of current policies, products or services and advising on the suitability of alternative courses of action
- Explaining research methodology and conclusions drawn from data
- Consult to stakeholders, evaluating past & present issues and trends
- Assisting with project management and analysis – setting up and running projects
- Conducting RAID analysis and heat mapping trends
- C-Level Stakeholder management
- Regular liaison with Finance, Legal and Regulatory departments
- BA/MA Finance, Business Studies, Economics, Economics and Management, Econometrics
- Experience of financial analysis and regulatory reporting in the banking sector
- Experience of regulatory processes – consultations, investigations
- An ability to explain complex regulations clearly and apply financial concepts and techniques to real world situations
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with great attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Keen eye for stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- An understanding of working in a consulting environment, which involves finance/legal/ tax business analysis and reporting is ideal
You will be an agile (think on your feet and flexible around client priorities), hands-on professional with a strong sense of initiative, pro-activity and investigative mind-set. Intellectually curious, pragmatic, and results-focused approach.
This is a superb opportunity to join a highly skilled, forward-thinking team. The role offers the successful candidate quality work for future career progression, as well as a mature
flexible working environment.
Highly competitive annual remuneration, attractive flexible benefits, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays etc. In this role, the successful candidate will receive top-tier training in the areas of strategic financial business management and development. The position offers the successful applicant a challenging and varied workload and the opportunity to influence an already successful and growing global entity.