Closing Date: August 19 2022
EMEA In-House Counsel
London and/ or Homeworking
A Global Technology and Environmental Entity with operations in over 40 countries, including Europe, Asia, The Americas and Africa. With year-on-year business growth, the organisation prides itself on sustainability, constant innovation and a global presence, dealing with a range of ESG (environmental, social and governance) matters.
This is a Permanent In-House Legal Counsel role, reporting into the EMEA General Commercial Counsel. The successful in-house legal counsel will advise the business on a range of commercial matters within the EMEA Region, including;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial transactions, sale/purchase agreements for both goods and services, distributor/agency agreements, contractor terms and various international deals.
- Liaising with suppliers across the different business units, negotiate, draft and agree new contracts and renewals
- Advising on general commercial matters, including competition, IP, & tax
- Provide advice to the Businesses in respect of ethics and compliance matters
- Provide legal and compliance training to the business
A passionate and enthusiastic commercially minded lawyer who can offer value to the business by excelling in the area of stakeholder management. Prior experience in Sustainability, Technology and consulting would be beneficial, however all candidates with relevant general commercial contracts experience are encouraged to apply. Ideally, the successful candidate will have trained within a top tier Legal 500 or City firm and had prior EMEA in-house experience at group level. Fluency in an additional European language is beneficial, but not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity for a UK qualified lawyer, who is keen to enhance their international career and expand their understanding of ESG. The successful candidate will join a close-knit team with a culture of high standards and technical expertise, providing legal advice to teams covering a broad range of specialities and functions. Excellent remuneration, including a competitive basic salary, flexible working, bonus scheme and other benefits.