Closing Date: February 8 2021
Entrepreneurial Corporate Associate
Flexible working and remote working
Office locations include London, Leeds, and Manchester
Our Client, a successful and much publicised Global Full Service Virtual Law firm, is seeking a mid-level Corporate Associate to join their expanding Corporate Department. This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring ‘business-minded’ lawyer who is keen to further develop their relationships with clients, hone their commercial acumen and build upon their technical expertise. The position is designed for an associate who is keen to be fast-tracked to Partner level.
The Role and Responsibilities
Reporting into a Senior Corporate Partner, the corporate associate will be part of a small team (no larger than four solicitors), advising and acting for a wide range of national and international commercial entities. Key responsibilities include:
- Advising on M&A transactions, including distressed acquisitions, private equity, for minority shareholders
- Dealing with refinancing/banking, re-organisation and commercial matters
- Advising on corporate matters such as;
- Breach of fiduciary duties
- Incorporation of LLPs
- Partnership agreements and shareholder agreements
- General compliance with companies’ legislation
- Advising on reverse take-overs, placing and re-admission
In this role, the successful candidate will receive top-tier training in the areas of strategic business management, commercial approach when advising in-house and be fast-tracked onto a Partnership programme. Most Partners within the firm have trained at City Law Firms and Top Tier Legal 500. An incredibly supportive environment, surrounded by like-minded legal professionals, where referrals within the firm are highly encouraged and appreciated. This firm is forward-thinking and has been ahead of the curb since inception, 10 years ago.
This position also offers flexibility (both in where you work and how you work) and attractive fee sharing schemes. Very sociable, the associates with have plenty of opportunity to attend the firm’s networking events, themed events, team walks and experiences away.
You and the Requirements
- You will have a self-starter, entrepreneurial approach
- Keen to network and build relationships with your colleagues and external clients
- Solid experience within Corporate law, but also a keen eye for stakeholder engagement and relationship management.
- It is essential that the candidate is UK qualified, at a junior to mid level
For further information and to apply, please contact Natalie Thomas at TAP Search on 02071275274 or email your CV to email@example.com