Closing Date: July 10 2017
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Housing & Property Paralegal to join a large UK Property Management in-house legal team. This is a newly created role, based at the company’s North London office, reporting into and directly assisting the Head of Legal.
To start as soon as possible, key responsibilities include:
• Preparing Section 21 and Section 8 notices, as well as Notices to Quit
• Dealing with AST tenancy deposits and consumer protection law
• Ensuring landlords are made aware of their contractual obligations and of the complaints procedures
• Advising landlords on the law and procedure following termination of their management agreement and advising landlords of the likely costs
• Responding to complaints made by landlords
• Responsible for all aspects of case subject to litigation or anticipated litigation
• Preparing court pleadings and witness statements
• Managing and instructing external counsel
• It is essential that the successful candidate has completed the LPC and has a solid understanding and experience of dealing with and preparing s21 and s8 notices. You will have strong knowledge of landlord and tenant law and the Civil Procedure Rules.
This is an excellent opportunity for an organised and initiative-driven paralegal who is keen to further apply and develop their landlord and tenant legal knowledge in-house, as well as take on greater responsibility within a growing organisation. Excellent remuneration and benefits.
For further information and to apply, please contact Natalie Thomas at TAP Search on 02071275274 or alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org